Department News & Highlights
Students graduating with a degree in Management or Accounting from UNC Asheville have the advantage of programs that integrates the values for critical thinking, creativity, global understanding, and empathy in the pursuit of developing a contributing, productive citizen. Graduates prepare to use critical thinking and effective communication to address the responsibilities they will face as decision makers, whether in economic, political, or social arenas. Here are some of our major points of pride:
- We offer bachelor of science degree programs in Management and Accounting. More than 3,000 graduates have earned these degrees since the department was established in the early 1970s.
- We successfully maintain accreditation with AACSB International (Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business) and received reaffirmation in 2014. AACSB is the most recognized, rigorous, and prestigious international distinction afforded to programs in management and accountancy. UNC Asheville is consistently praised by AACSB for our liberal arts mission, characterized by a unique interdisciplinary approach to undergraduate education, and commitment to lifelong learning. As of 2014, UNC Asheville is one of just 504 U.S. Colleges and universities, and 719 globally, to earn this prestigious accreditation. Less than one-third of management programs in the U.S. earn this recognition, while only 5% of programs worldwide are accredited by AACSB.
- All students have opportunities for one-on-one mentorships with award-winning faculty through an active undergraduate research program or an expansive internship program.
- Students are consistently selected and funded to attend the annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
- We are home to a premier chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, the most selective management honor society in the world.
- We award an average of $20,000 per year in scholarships to declared majors.
Department Facebook NewsFeed