Open Faculty Positions
Students graduating with a degree in Management or Accounting from UNC Asheville have the advantage of a program that integrates the values and skills of the liberal arts so central to our University with a program of study that focuses on a productive future. Graduates prepare to use critical thinking and effective communication to address the responsibilities they will face as decision makers, whether in economic, political, or social arenas. Graduates are well-prepared for careers in a variety of organizations. Management majors have chosen to work in family firms, regional companies, large multi-national corporations, not-for-profit agencies, government entities and/or in their own entrepreneurial ventures. Accounting majors have a consistently high passage rate on the CPA exam and are employed in small accounting firms, "Big Four" accounting firms, and in corporate settings. Here are some of our major points of pride:
- We offer bachelor of science degree programs in Management and Accounting. More than 3,000 graduates have earned these degrees since the department was established in the early 1970s.
- We successfully maintain accreditation with AACSB International (Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business) the most recognized, rigorous, and prestigious international distinction afforded to programs in management and accountancy and schools of business. UNC Asheville joins more than 450 U.S. colleges and universities that have met this standard of excellence. AACSB praised UNC Asheville's liberal arts mission, characterized by a unique interdisciplinary approach to undergraduate education, and commitment to lifelong learning.
- All students have opportunities for one-on-one mentorships with award-winning faculty through an active undergraduate research program or an expansive internship program.
- Students are consistently selected and funded to attend the annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
- We are home to a premier chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, the most selective management honor society in the world.
- We award an average of $20,000 per year in scholarships to declared majors.
Department Facebook NewsFeed