Students graduating with a degree in management or accounting from the University of North Carolina Asheville have the advantage of programs that integrates the values for critical thinking, creativity, global understanding, and empathy in the pursuit of developing a contributing, productive citizen. Graduates prepare to use critical thinking and effective communication to address the responsibilities they will face as decision makers, whether in economic, political, or social arenas. Here are some of our major points of pride:
- We offer bachelor of science degree programs in Management and Accounting. More than 3,000 graduates have earned these degrees since the department was established in the early 1970s.
- The Department prides itself on small class sizes (an average of 14 students per course) and one-on-one faculty-student mentoring
- We successfully maintain accreditation with AACSB International (Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business) and received reaffirmation in 2014.
- All students have opportunities for one-on-one mentorships with award-winning faculty through undergraduate research, study abroad, or an expansive management internship program.
- Students are consistently selected and funded to attend the annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR).
- We are home to a premier chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma, the most selective management honor society in the world.
- We award an average of $20,000 per year in scholarships to declared majors.