- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Dr. Davtyan joined the UNC Asheville faculty in 2017 as an Assistant Professor of Marketing. He received a Ph.D. in Advertising from The University of Texas at Austin, an MBA from the American University of Armenia, and an undergraduate degree in physics and engineering both at the Yerevan State University and Moscow Engineering Physics Institute. His main research stream aims to investigate the effectiveness of branded entertainment campaigns as alternatives to traditional advertising. Davtyan’s research has appeared in the Journal of Business Research and the Journal of Advertising Research. Over the past ten years, he has worked in marketing, telecommunications, and business consulting industries holding various managerial positions. Prior to joining UNC Asheville, Davtyan taught various marketing and advertising courses at the University of Texas at Austin and the American University of Armenia.
- Ph.D. in Advertising from The University of Texas at Austin
- MBA from American University of Armenia
- B.S. in Physics from the Moscow Institute of Engineering and Physics
- MGMT 130 - Introductory Seminar in Organizations
- MGMT 250 - Marketing Principles
- MGMT 352 - Applied Research